- 3 cups all-purpose flour (sifted or aerated – see my notes below)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (226 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature (let the butter from refrigerator sit on the counter for about an hour or so), not melted but softened
1. In a medium bowl, combine together flour and salt and mix.
2. In a separate bowl, using electric mixer beat softened butter and granulated sugar until light in color and fluffy. Add an egg and vanilla – continue beating for a couple minutes. Turn off the electric mixer, add flour-salt mixture and then continue beating on low speed until well-combined but without over mixing.
3. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Roll these cookie balls in sprinkles. Arrange on parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Freeze until firm, for about 30 minutes.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 14 minutes. Do not over-bake. Remove from the oven, and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
CHILDREN AND ADULTS,”ONLY EAT ONE IF YOU CAN”